The Namaste program places full focus on each patient living this day to the fullest.
All Namaste care is tailored to the individual being served and is designed to improve the quality of life for people who are suffering from the advanced stages of disease.
Namaste Care focuses on the five senses of the body. Through our compassionate presence, gentle touch, soothing and uplifting music, therapeutic essential oils, companionship, and nourishment, we connect with the sixth sense – the spirit.
The Gift of Namaste:
- Multi-Sensory Interventions
- Creation of a spa-like environment
- Props to stimulate sensory memory
(Lavender Sachets, Lollipops, Old Spice, Fountains)
- Relaxed and centered approach to care
- Gentle Touch
- Soft Lighting
- Peaceful Music
- Soft Words
- Aroma Therapy
- Essential Oils
Benefits of Namaste Care:
The effects of Namaste Care have been noticeable and positive. Staff and families have observed marked improvement in the following areas:
- Decreased pain and discomfort
- Decreased agitation and aggressive behaviors from patients with Dementia
- Increased eagerness to participate in activities and social interaction
- Reduction in Medication
- More restful sleep
The Namaste Philosophy ~Through our compassionate presence we greet each other in our journey of life and honor the spirit within.